Revlon ColorSilk Luminista in Light Caramel Brown | Review

7 comments


Hi lovelies,

A new post in a long time, I have been so preoccupied to relax and write a quality post but I’m back! Today’s post is about a hair color that I recently tried. To start with I am not big on hair colors and I only recently tried a hair dye. This was just out of curiosity to find the right hair color for me in case I wanted to try having a different hair color one day.

Revlon ColorSilk Luminista is the hair color I chose in the shade Light Caramel Brown (no. 165) which is little lighter than what I really wanted. I wanted to try L’Oreal first since it is a better brand comparatively but then changed my mind and went for Revlon.  One reason for this was that I could not find a hair color that I liked in L’Oreal. One reason to choose Revlon ColorSilk Luminista was that this particular line of hair color was formulated specifically for dark hair. My natural hair color is black though it is not the deepest black. Somehow the word ‘Luminista’ was encouraging enough for the purchase since it made me imagine that this product would not just change my hair color to a lighter shade (since that is what it promises), it would also make it super shiny!

Revlon ColorSilk Luminista in Light Caramel Brown #165

The Experience

One word – drastic! (In a good way). I had NO idea how light my hair would turn out to be (which is exactly what Revlon ColorSilk Luminista promises)! I had no clue a hair color could turn my hair so light even though I had some of the hair color from my last attempt still left on my hair. I underestimated the performance I guess. I do not think the photos did justice and captured the real essence of the hair color. Second thing was hair shine. Yes! My hair did look really shiny and healthy. The hair conditioner that came along with the packaging was super good to my hair adding softness and a healthy look. As far as satisfaction with this particular 'hair color' is concerned I was not at all satisfied with the end results. Revlon ColorSilk Luminista did a really good job and delivered. You can see the shade looks neat and fresh, unfortunately it was not the shade I was looking for. I had light brown (end result) in my mind and this was more copper-caramel (maybe because I already had a lighter shade on my hair) so I picked a wrong shade. Nevertheless, if you are somebody like me who has black hair and want to actually see color on your hair Revlon ColorSilk Luminista does a really satisfying job.

Revlon ColorSilk Luminista in Light Caramel Brown #165
Before / After

Will I repurchase this product? Probably not. If you want to go for affordable options Revlon is a good option and I recommend it.  I, however really want to try L'Oreal or Schwarzkopf next time when I consider dying my hair so that I could compare the quality and shade ranges.

Any suggestions on quality hair dyes? I would love your suggestions.  

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

7 comments:

  1. So you are not hair virgin anymore :) i always saw you in black hair color so its really hard to imagine you in any other color! gotta see this hot brunette :) way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hey! I want to see you too! Our date in your car is still due. ;)
      How was your Thailand trip?

      Delete
  2. Hi, I wanted to ask, did you apply bleach before putting on this dye or did you just use it on your natural hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Javeria, well no I do not apply bleach before my dye. I use it on my natural hair as I prefer a hint of color and not a major change. This dye will work great if you do not bleach and apply directly. It made my hair very light (which I did not actually wanted :s). Xoxo

      Delete
  3. I was thinking of getting an ombre with this colour..i am having brown hairs and i am still super confused of getting the exact ombre which i have seens in the videos..suggest does this shade will go on my hairs or i should opt for some other colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of getting an ombre with this colour..i am having brown hairs and i am still super confused of getting the exact ombre which i have seens in the videos..suggest does this shade will go on my hairs or i should opt for some other colour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at your pictures, I don't see a difference at all other than your hair in the after picture looks so much healthier and shinier. You probably had red undertones and just chose the wrong color. The after picture looks so much better than the before picture. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig