The 'Perfect' Red | Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy

7 comments

Hello lovelies!

I am a big time pink lipstick girl. While the entire world might be crazy about those sexy red lips I feel a bit nervous around red reason being that I never felt red looked better or even equally pretty on me than shades of pink. Maybe I never found the perfect red shade of lipstick until now! Behold - Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy. The perfect red for me!
Limited Edition translucent lip color in fruity flavors. Fresh color meets smooth shine in a sensational way! 
While casually swatching shades of lipsticks from different brands I came across Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy after trying most all shades of lipsticks in the rack! While most of the shades were amazing, Cherry Candy was just beautiful! This is the kind of red I just could not resist trying so I decided to take off my lipstick and try it out there and then (something that I do not really bother about when buying lipsticks. But hey, it was a red lipstick after all!). Love at first sight! The shade was perfect. It complimented my skin tone a lot and did not look too loud, something that I always fear wearing bold lip colors.

Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy
Photos with flash.
The packaging is really girly and attractive. The lipstick bullet is set in a silver base which is covered by a translucent pink lid. The sticker at the bottom reveals the lipstick name, number and shade as well. Though I always prefer matte lipsticks for they are long- lasting, Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy is basically a glossy lipstick. This makes it super easy to apply and also keeps the lips moisturized. I usually never apply any lipstick directly from the bullet. I usually either use my ring finger or a lipstick brush for better application. As I apply Cherry Candy I can see the sheer formula of the lipstick but the pigmentation is so rich that it quickly builds up to your heart's desire. Since I have naturally dry lips, this glossy lipstick does wonders and keeps them hydrated.

Tip: Before applying red or any other bold lip shade make sure you exfoliate your lips gently so that the lipstick looks smooth and neat. Try using your toothbrush gently over your lips while washing your face and pat dry with a towel. This will get rid of any dead skin on your dry, chapped lips.

Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy
IPhone6 photo without flash.
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Cherry Candy
Daylight photo (via my Instagram pretty.gloss) with light application. 
My verdict: there is probably no shade that defines a woman's sensuality better than red. If you do not have a red lipstick, I strongly suggest you get one for yourself. For me, Maybelline's Cherry Candy has proven to be that perfect red. If you are a lip-gloss girl you would love this a million times more than your lipgloss as this range of lipsticks will give you high shine without the stickiness of a lipgloss. Moreover, it definitely has more staying power and would not stain your lips like other darker shades of lipsticks do. Do give it a try and look for your perfect shade. I would love to hear which one you picked. 




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

7 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty lipstick and it suits you so well! :)

    Sabrina Jaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tube is so pretty, I love that x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this colour, the packaging is so cute =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fantastic when you find a lipstick colour that you love? Especially a red that just does it for you? I don't think I've heard anyone talk about this one...it's beautiful.

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm the same way, i feel like pink looks way better on me than red. this color is so cute!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's such a pretty colour, it really suits you! x
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This colour looks beautiful! Might have to pick it up :)

    Hannah x
    Paloma in Disguise

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig